Tuesday 6 August 2013

Choreography 365: Day 65 - Something Different


And now for something a little bit different.

I wanted a change from the work I'd been doing to jazz over the last few days today and looking though my music I found a Talvin Singh album I hadn't listened to for a while.

I don't normally feel confident about doing street style choreography as I just watch it back and think I look daft doing it (that will be the ballet dancer in me).  I found that mixing it with some contemporary styling which I am comfortable with made me much more confident about dancing it and happier about the finished product.

Music = Bobby Style by Talvin Singh.

The track titles were not saved on my computer and I only found out the title once the dance was completed and I'd got to the library.  I find the comparison with some of the movement material quite comfortable.

The project as a whole is starting to feel quite real today considering that after today I will have 300 days to go.  My Nan thinks we are all crazy for setting ourselves this challenge.

I'll be back in Bristol on Thursday so I will be making an effort to start a quite involved project that's been on the cards for a while.  Luna and Genie (and anyone else who wants to that I haven't asked yet) get you dancing feet ready and sewing machines on standby :)







1 comment:

  1. Brilliant dance, think this is my favourite of all so far :) can you teach us this dance? xx

    ReplyDelete