Sunday 8 December 2013

Days 172 to 178 - Including Second Rehearsal


I'm trying very hard to to be annoyed with myself about the last week but it's just so disappointing.  I managed to fall down the stairs at home on last Monday and I'm rather bruised.  Haven't been able to sit down comfortably all week let alone dance.  I have been mentally choreographing and planning for my second rehearsal, which was yesterday, so here is what I've been up to.


Music = Smother by Daughter



OK so I've decided on the music and even choreographed over a minute of it with my lovely cast last Sunday. Since then I have been breaking down the music into sections to make a plan of the dance:



I am hoping to ensure that the speed, difficulty and energy of the movement material echo the rise and fall of the song. 





 Day 178 - Second Rehearsal

I was apprehensive about how this would go as I haven't been dancing all week but all was fine apart from forgetting I was bruised and demonstrating a roll up of the floor, ouch!  There are now two sections of movement material choreographed with the aim to split up into smaller groups and work on the direction these will face.  Charlie joined us for rehearsal and Sophie was away so I still had four lovely people to work with.  Next week Martha will be coming along too so I am leaving teaching Charlie the whole of the first section until then so I can show them together. The beginning and middle parts of the video still have work to be done and the placing is no where near the finished product as there will be six bodies in the space.  I am planning on videoing some of next weeks rehearsal with the aim to put this in the video to be projected on the back wall.  Still need to check that the projector works and will work in the space.  Looking forward to the next stage of this piece :)

No comments:

Post a Comment