Wednesday 14 May 2014

Day 230 - Monday on a Wednesday Improv and Teaching


It's Wednesday so I headed of to teach ISTD Primary.  For my teaching exam (hopefully at the end of this year) I need to know the exercises from each grade from Primary to Grade 5.  This is just for this level, after that I will need to know these plus Grade 6 and Intermediate.  This is not a straight forward thing for me as I did not do these grades growing up.  I figure that as there are 6 grades I need to learn, with 1 day at college a week, that leaves a grade a day for the rest of the week.  OK so this is a big undertaking but I'm hoping that by the end of this term I will mostly be able to recognize each exercise from the music and at least some of them without this prompt.

On my way to teach today I listened to the complete class about three times (doing the exercises in my head and with my feet on the bus!) and then did the class by myself once I'd got to the hall.  As I have been teaching this grade for 4 weeks now I feel pretty confided about the content of the syllabus, this is mostly through physically doing it as well as teaching. Therefore my plan to at least visit each grade once a week should hopefully be a successful one.

While in the studio I also did a small improvisation to ease my way back into choreographing.  My knee is still a weak so this is very calm and controlled.  Music = Monday by Ludovico Einaudi.













No comments:

Post a Comment